Call to Artists for SCAA's 32nd Art Classic 2021!
Call to Artists:"2021 Art Classic - Fine Arts Competition"
Celebrate with us:
Saturday, November 6, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
Live Awards Ceremony
1. SCAA members only. Membership applications are available on our "Membership page"
2. If signing up to become a member of SCAA for the 2021 Art Classic, please note that membership is good through December 31, 2021.
3. Artwork may not have been entered in a previous Santa Clarita Art Classic.
4. Artwork must be the original creation of the artist and not derived from another person's photo or artwork.
5. Artwork should have been created in the past three years.
6. No artwork prepared in a classroom or workshop maybe entered.
7. Artists may enter 2 artworks not to exceed 30"H x 27"W or 1 artwork larger than 30"H x 27"W but no larger than 48"x48". All dimensions are including the frame. There is no size limit on sculptures. Fees are $35 for 1 artwork 30"W x27"H or smaller. $45 for 2 artworks, each 30"W x 27"H or small or $45 for 1 artwork larger than 30"W x 27"H up to 40"x48".
8. 2D work must be wired and ready to hang. Absolutely no saw tooth hangers, Canvas edges must be painted if no frame is used. NO WET PAINTINGS!
9. Final submissions are required to send a JPG of final artwork framed so that we can pre-plan panel layouts for the event.
10. 3D sculptures should send multiple images that best represent the art piece.
11. Each piece entered will need Artist Name, Artwork Title, Medium, Size, and Price.
12. All artwork must be for sale. A 25% commission will be paid to Santa Clarita Artists Association for artwork sold through the SCAA Art Classic.
The categories entered by the artist on the Entry Form are subject to change. If in question, the Art Classic Committee will determine the correct category for each piece. Changes made by the Committee are final.
Best of Show, First, Second, and Third Ribbons, Merit Ribbons and artist palette pins will be awarded to each winner.
There is also an “Excellence In Art “ Award given by the City of Santa Clarita.
Dates to Remember:
Please contact Art Classic Chairperson Nancy Gallardo @ (661) 400-1014 or Co-Chairperson Maxxyne President @ (661) 430-1577
or Email at SCAAEventChair@gmail.com.