Call to Artists for SCAA's Virtual Art Classic 2020!
Call to Artists:"2020 Virtual Art Classic - Fine Arts Competition"
Celebrate with us:
Saturday, October 17, 2020 @ 7:00 pm
"Virtual" Zoom Awards Ceremony
1. SCAA members only. Membership applications are available on our "Membership page"
2. If signing up to become a member of SCAA for the 2020 Art Classic, please note that membership is good through December 31, 2020.
3. Artwork may not have been entered in a previous Santa Clarita Art Classic.
4. Artwork must be the original creation of the artist and not derived from another person's photo or artwork.
5. Artwork should have been created in the past three years.
6. No artwork prepared in a classroom or workshop maybe entered.
7. Artists may enter artworks not to exceed 48” x 48” (including the frame), no size limit on sculptures size.
8. Final submissions should be high quality photo of artwork ONLY (no mat or frame) sent in a JPG format. Further instructions will be given for digital size requirements.
9. 3D sculptures should send multiple images that best represent the art piece.
10. Each piece entered will need Artist Name, Artwork Title, Medium, Size, and Price.
11. Fees are $25.00 for 2 Entries, and $30.00 for 3 Entries.
12. All artwork must be for sale. Although the artwork/s being submitted are digital image representations of the original piece/s, the Artist must be prepared to have artwork framed/matted for possible sale. A 25% commission will be paid to Santa Clarita Artists Association for artwork sold through the SCAA Art Classic.
The categories entered by the artist on the Entry Form are subject to change. If in question, the Art Classic Committee will determine the correct category for each piece. Changes made by the Committee are final.
Best of Show, First, Second, and Third Ribbons, Merit Ribbons and artist palette pins will be awarded to each winner.
There is also an “Excellence In Art “ Award given by the City of Santa Clarita.
Dates to Remember:
Please contact Art Classic Chairperson Nancy Gallardo @ (661) 400-1014 or Co-Chairperson Susan Zavala @ (661) 609-1450
or Email at SCAAEventChair@gmail.com.